Thursday, October 29, 2009

I am an architect of change because...

The tour to Detroit was amazing. Absolutely amazing. I thought I knew about Detroit because I've been to a few concerts & sporting events, but this tour totally changed my perspective on the city & all the amazing potential it has.

So on to my topic:

I am an architect of change because I know I can make a difference. I've seen it. I know that many people in my life sometimes get annoyed with me for nagging on them about using plastic bags or buying bottled water, but eventually, when I'm not expecting it people will come up to me and tell me how they went out of their way to recycle something instead of throwing it away, or how they were at the store and said "No thanks, I don't need a bag!" I know it seems like something little & insignificant but to me that's a start. It's proof that I will be able to see some real change in my lifetime. I'm often told that just because I don't do something doesn't mean someone else won't do it. Well every little bit adds up. And I'm a firm believer that we must lead by example.

Some days I get really frustrated with people for not caring more about the environment, but then I think about some things that maybe I'm not super passionate about even though they are important. It wasn't until yesterday that I realized we all need people to follow their passions in order for the world to function. I am an architect of change because I will remember my passion and not let anyone steer me away from it no matter how discouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment