Friday, October 16, 2009

My Story

So now once a week I will be blogging in response to a new Leadership program I am involved in at school, Blueprints. It is a comprehensive program focused on building upon the skills we've learned so far through readings, discussions & real examples. It is somethig I'm looking forward to!

So Andrea, what brought you to Blueprints?

This is something I've wanted to do for a couple years now, but never made the time for, and since this is my senior year, I wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on anything during college. I'm also looking to enhance my leadership skills. I've held a lot of leadership positions during my time at UMD but I've never had any professional training.

What's your story?

Abridged version: 22 years old. Sister of Delta Phi Epsilon. Avid Tree Hugger. Addicted to email. Loves volunteering. Works at Friends of the Rouge. 1 brother. A dog, Duke! Obsessed with college life. Huge fan of John Mayer. Purple is my color, of course. Family oriented. Born again Catholic. Excited & scared to graduate. Twitter is my favorite distraction.


What are you hoping to gain from the program?

A better understanding of how to lead effectively. I've never really been taught how to lead, I've just been doing what I thought was leading, but who knows if I'm doing a good job at it or not? I'm interested in leading because the field I want to go into requires people to be very proactive and requires a lot of good leadership skills. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited to hang out with @akaraban all year, my month working in the Student Activities office was the best job. I wouldn't want to make a career out of it, I'm pretty set on my Environmental path but if that doesn't work out, I would consider Student Affairs for sure- college for rest of my life? Who wouldn't want to do that?!


Overall I'm very excited to work with everyone & excited for the journey that is ahead of me this year. Join. Grow. Lead. Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment